Let’s discuss your needs.
Why do you need us?
While the laws favour dog bite victims, getting compensation is not always easy. First, the extent of a victim’s damages are at issue, in addition to the ultimate value of the harm caused. Dog owners and insurers will try everything to minimize a dog attack victim’s losses, including using highly-paid experts to decry the severity of scars and disfigurement. That’s why you need a skilled dog bite lawyer at your side. But the good news is you have the professional ensemble of lawyers at MacIsaac Gow LLP.
What do you need to do if bitten by a dog?
- Seek medical attention: If a dog in Vaughan, Ontario, has bitten you, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if the bite appears to be minor, it can still result in serious infections and complications.
- Identify the dog and its owner: Try to identify the dog and its owner so that you can report the incident to the authorities and take steps to prevent further bites. For example, take a photo of the dog or write down the description and license plate number of the owner’s car.
- Report the incident to the local authorities: Report the dog bite to the local animal control or police department in Vaughan as soon as possible. They will take steps to ensure the safety of others in the community and prevent future bites.
- Document the bite and injury: Take photos of the bite wound and record the bite’s date, time, and location. In addition, keep a journal of your symptoms, medical treatment, and any expenses related to the bite.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer: Consider contacting a personal injury lawyer at MacIsaac Gow LLP. They can help you understand your legal rights and options and assist you in pursuing compensation for your medical expenses and any other damages you have incurred.
- Obtain witness statements: If anyone witnessed the dog bite, ask them to provide a written statement detailing what they saw. This can be used as evidence in court or settlement negotiations.
- Preserve evidence: Keep any clothing or other items worn or used at the time of the bite, as they may contain evidence of the incident.
- Cooperate with the investigation: Provide any information or documentation requested by the local authorities, insurance companies, or personal injury lawyers to assist in investigating the incident.
- Get rabies shots: If the dog that bit you was not up-to-date on its vaccinations, you might need to undergo rabies shots to prevent infection. Your doctor will advise you on the necessary steps to take.
- File a personal injury claim: If you have suffered injury or losses due to the dog bite, you may be entitled to compensation. A personal injury lawyer at MacIsaac Gow LLP can help you understand your options and assist you in filing a compensation claim.
MacIsaac Gow LLP is a leading law firm serving Vaughan, Ontario. With a wealth of experience and a commitment to providing personalized and effective legal solutions, the firm has earned a reputation for excellence in the legal community. The experienced lawyers at MacIsaac Gow LLP specialize in various legal matters, including personal injury, employment law, family law, and criminal defence. They have a proven track record of success in representing clients in complex and challenging cases and are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for every client. So if you need legal representation in Vaughan, Ontario, look no further than MacIsaac Gow LLP.
MacIsaac Gow LLP Key to Your Legal Success
Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results.