In case you are researching “Burlington Dog Bite Law Office”, and now you have even more questions about Dog Bite. MacIsaac Gow LLP believes strongly that each client should understand all aspects about Dog Bite. There should be no questions unanswered before you decide. You should contact MacIsaac Gow LLP..
Dog Bite Settlements Start with MacIsaac Gow LLP
Dogs are known to be one of the most friendly pets. Residents in Burlington love to keep a dog for compassion, companionship and as an additional member of the household. However, even the most caring and well-behaved dogs can sometimes be unpredictable and exhibit erratic behaviour.
Some dogs without any previous history of aggression can suddenly attack people without warning, resulting in serious injuries. These incidents are becoming more frequent nationwide, and it is quite concerning.
Dog bites pose a serious threat to one’s health and well-being. They can lead to life-threatening diseases such as rabies, endocarditis, sepsis, tetanus, and more. In addition to physical harm, victims may also suffer from severe psychological issues such as PTSD, phobias, anxiety, panic attacks, sleep disorders, and low self-esteem.
Along with sustaining physical and mental injuries, the victims of a dog attack also have to bear the financial consequences of the incident. This includes paying heavy out-of-pocket bills for medical treatments, reconstructive surgeries after physical disfigurement, psychiatric treatment, prescription medications, counselling, and more. Moreover, it will also affect your ability to continue your job, leading to a loss of income. These financial consequences can be long-lasting and significantly impact the victim’s financial stability.
Coping with these physical and mental challenges, coupled with financial losses, can be overwhelming. At MacIsaac Gow LLP, we are here to help you and ensure that you don’t face this difficult time alone.
Our lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of the legal system and can resolve even the most complex cases when it comes to dog bites. Our team is here to provide you with adequate support throughout the entire duration of your legal battle. We have a great track record of successfully representing clients who have suffered serious injuries from dog bites and have helped them get compensation to cover all their expenses.
From filing the claim to negotiating with insurance companies and representing you in court, our lawyers will be with you every step, guiding you and fighting for you on your behalf.
Therefore, if a dog has bitten you or a loved one, do not hesitate to seek legal advice. Lawyers at MacIsaac Gow LLP can guide you through the legal process, help you get fair compensation, and ease the burden of dealing with a dog bite incident.
- Severe Injuries If you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries, you may need a lawyer. Severe injuries include puncture wounds, fractures, and disfigurement, which require long-term treatment and recovery.
- Unclear Liability You may need a lawyer if you are unsure whose fault it is. A lawyer will help you determine who is responsible for the injuries caused. In some cases, liability is shared between multiple parties, including the dog’s owner, the property owner or a third party.
- Denied or Delayed Compensation In most cases, insurance companies will try to minimize your compensation. They could also deny or delay your compensation; you will need a lawyer to deal with them.
- Uncooperative Parties Sometimes, the other involved parties will give you a hard time by being uncooperative. However, by hiring a knowledgeable lawyer, you can plan your next action step and hold the parties accountable.
- Future Complications If you have been severely injured and expect some complications in the future, such as long-term disability or psychological distress, you may need a lawyer. A lawyer can help you estimate the future cost of medical bills, lost wages, and emotional distress and fight for fair compensation.
Burlington Dog Bite Law Office
MacIsaac Gow LLP. provides legal services for clients from many areas including Burlington and it’s surrounding neighborhoods.
Why Call MacIsaac Gow LLP?
MacIsaac Gow LLP works closely with all of our clients to better understand the situation and your position to provide the legal services needed.
If you have any questions about Dog Bite or have any other inquiries, feel free to call MacIsaac Gow LLP to speak with one of our legal team for a free no obligation consultation.
Contact MacIsaac Gow LLP today!
MacIsaac Gow LLP TIP:
Why wait? Call and speak with our legal staff to setup a consultation. 1·365·777·4LAW (4529)
Call now and start the process. We are here to help. “Burlington Dog Bite Law Office” or fill out the consultation request at the top of the page on the right to find out more.
Legal Pitfalls to Avoid After a Dog Bite Incident
Types of Injuries Resulting from Dog Bites and How to Take Legal Action
Frequently Asked Questions
As per the Dog Owners’ Liability Act in Ontario, if a pet dog attacks or bites a person, the dog’s owner will be fully liable for the resulting damages.
Generally, it can take up to six months to receive compensation for a dog bite case. However, a professional lawyer should be able to expedite the process based on your circumstances.
Seek medical attention immediately and report the bite to the appropriate authorities. Take pictures of the wound and gather the dog owner’s information, if possible.
In Ontario, the limitation period to file a lawsuit for a dog bite injury is generally two years from the incident date.